Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1, 2016

Finally, summer has arrived!  Summer is a time when many of us change the pace of our lives just a bit.   We spend more time outside.   We travel with family and friends to vacation destinations.   Our kiddos don't have the busy school schedule and can maybe sleep in a bit.   The park pools get crowded and the ice cream shops get busy.   Oh, thank you, Lord, for summer!   You probably have some special plans for this summer.    Maybe you are going to paint that porch furniture or clean out the flower beds.   Maybe summer finds you with some cherished free time on your hands.    I would like to challenge all of us to take this summer and fill it up with the voice of God.   When was the last time you heard His voice?   Do you listen for it?   Would you recognize it?  Hmmm.   Tough questions that I am not sure I really want to answer for myself.  

John 10:27-28 reads, "My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;  neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."  What a wonderful thing that we can know the voice of the Lord!   Friends, let's find time this summer to stop and listen to what God has to say.   It might just be our best summer yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment