Saturday, June 11, 2016

June 11, 2016

We just spent a wonderful evening with family at my grandson's Little League game.   It was the final tournament game and our team was vying for the championship title.   The boys played hard but the other team played just a bit harder and we ended up second when the evening was over.    The boys had a great season but it was a difficult loss as the official making the calls this evening was not always non partial.  This grammy believed that he made two or three calls that were just not correct.    Probably his bad calls did not totally determine the game but I can't help but think that bad calls create defeated feelings with the boys on the field.  And I know for certain that spectators are influenced in negative ways by questionable calls from the officials.   On the way home I was thinking about the umpire and why he made so many errors and I thought about our great God and how his judgement is always just and right.   We worship a God who never makes bad calls but always holds us to a high and mighty standard.   We must answer to him and be accountable for ourselves and our choices and actions and He will make the right call always to name our penalty and rewards.   Revelation 16:7  reads "And I heard the altar saying "Yes. Lord God the Almighty, true and jsut are your judgements."  And 1 Chronicles 16:14 tells us that He is the Lord our God; his judgements are in all the earth."   I need to heed this and make certain that my actions and words and thoughts are pleasing to the Lord!  What about you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment