Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17, 2016

This morning I began my daily power walk but almost talked myself out of it.   It was very hot and humid and I don't like to sweat!  But as I got to the end of the driveway and headed east a nice breeze picked up behind me and kind of pushed me along my route.  In spite of the heat it was an easy walk and I was even a bit ahead of my normal time and pace.   Smugly, I smiled thinking that I must really be getting fit.   Well, you know how God has a way of smacking you when you get a bit full of yourself?   Yep, He got a laugh out of me because when I got to the end of the road I always turn around and retrace my steps back to my home.   Well, this morning that breeze that pushed me all the way to the corner was still blowing when I headed back.   This time it was full in my face and made walking much more difficult with the added resistance.  Boy did I sweat!   In the midst of wipping sweat I came to the realization that my life is sometimes just like my walk today.    God so often gently pushes my ahead.   He gives me all the power and skills tht I need to move forward in His time and His way.    Sometimes, however, I push against God.   I resist His hand and try to move past Him and do things my way.    I make things so difficult for myself during those seasons.    Psalm 18:30 reminds us that "This God - His way is perfect, the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for those who take refuge in Him."  Friend let's stop resisting!      

No comments:

Post a Comment