Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016

As we are traveling this summer I have thought a lot about people taking vacations and leaving God at home.   We have done that before.   We have spent much time packing and planning but leave our Bibles on the table in the living room and sail out on our adventure without giving God a thought.   Fortunately we have grown up in our faith and our Christian walk and we have learned to take God along when we leave home.   God so wants to bless us but He wants to have relationship with us to so I beleive He wants to enjoy us as we enjoy the blessings He shares with us.  I thank God for my time with my husband in the mountains and as we travel over the highways.   I enjoy the times we spend listening to Christian CDs and video Bible studies.   I enjoy the people we met and the sights we see and I thank God for creating so much beauty and goodness in our world.   The Psalms are are full of wisdom that directs us to priase our Father in heaven and one of my favorites is Psalm 100:1-2.  "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.  worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.  Friends, when you slip away this summer for a long vacation or a weekend getaway, take God along too.   Use some of that time ti shout out to the Lord that He is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment