Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, 2016

Just got back from a prayer walk that our church sponsored in our little town and it was wonderful. There were specific stations along the trail where we were encouraged to stop and pray about specific things.   I went around 6 so the evening air was beginning to cool the day and all was quiet on the trail.   It was a perfect scenario to find quiet time with my Lord.  No one was close behind me so I did not feel  pressure to hurry along and I really gave my heart to Jesus during the walk.    On the way home I was pondering the experience and realized that I very seldom have given God the time and complete attention that I shared with him this evening on that trail.   It made me realize that I have probably missed many conversations with my Father because I do not make time to be in relationship with Him.  How about you?    When was the last time you gave God 45 minutes of your attention?  What was the result when you did?   My heart was at peace when I drove home from this experience because for this one evening I was totally in line with God.  Colossians 4:1 reminds us to "continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving."    My challenge for you and for me is to give God steadfast attention through prayer all summer and see what changes occur in my world.   Thank you, God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment