Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25, 2016

Back on the road, heading back to Indiana.    What a wonderful trip we have had, and how nice it will be to return home.   I am never ready to leave when we have been trail riding, but I do so miss family and grandkids back in Indiana.  I look forward to getting back into routine.   I have missed my church friends and Vacation Bible School will be starting up next week.  I can't wait to squeeze on grandkids and wave at the neighbor as I get back into my walking routine.  Although I have kept up with Bible study on the road, I am excited to discuss it with my dear friend over lunch when we return.   God has blessed me with a wonderful life and that makes me desire to bless others.   As we stop for fuel and sandwiches I try hard to give those I pass a smile and a kind word.   I will never see them again but maybe at that moment they need a touch of Jesus.    When we encounter an accident or a person stopped onthe road, I send up a prayer that all will be well.  Again I will never know the outcome of that prayer but I know that God is in control and He willanswer prayer so I can rest in that assurance.  Share a blessing with someone today.   You don't have to know their name to bless them.   Try it.  Better yet, make it a habit!  2 Thessalonians 1:11.  "With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling."

No comments:

Post a Comment