Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3, 2016

We are doing a summer Bible study about faith.   I have just completed week one and my whole mind set has shifted.   When I began the study I thought that faith was simple and you either had it or you did not.   Already I have realized that faith is a very complicated matter.   Sometimes I have great faith and sometimes I have very little.   I am not sure why I believe that God can handle some areas of my life totally while other things I feel that I must take care of for Him.   The other revelation I had this week is that I put my faith in many things besides my Lord.    Hmmm.    That was a bit painful to discover.    How about you?   Do you have faith in your vehichle?   Do you just assume that it will start and get you from place to place?    How about electricity?   God asks us to put all our faith on Him and Him alone.    I am learning to do that and have devoted the summer to growing up my faith.   Want to ride along?   How big is your faith today?   Or how small?    God will take our tiny little faith and use it in big ways....if we will let Him!   Matthew 17: 20 reads "He said to them, "Because of your little faith.  For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this moutain, move from here to there, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."  (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment