Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016

Prayer is a wonderful thing.  Prayer is the tool that God has given us so that we might have relationship wih Him through conversation.   I beleive that we should have continued prayer with God and that when we pray to Him we should do so boldly; expecting Him to respond.  God does respond.   Sometimes in ways that we do not understand or that are not what we expected.  Sometimes long after we have uttered the first cry.  But, God will always respond.   Last week our 30 plus year old pony died that all the grandkids have learned to ride on.   Currently the yougest, three year old, grandbaby had been riding our dear Victor.   He was so very old and simply developed congestive heart failure and we lost him.   Well let me tell you that finding a replacement pony that is trustworthy to put a three year  old on in one very tall order. We had friends from all over the state helping us on this hunt but had not found the right pony, Eailer this week I decided to talk to God about our predicament.   My prayer went somethign like, " God I know you are really busy dealing with really big issues but right now I am trying to find a really broke, really quiet pony for our sweet Zoey.  God I  know that this is not life or dealth, but it is important to our family and especailly to Zoey, so if you have a minute and could help me find the right one, I woud sure appreciat eyour help."   I smile now because I prayed that same prayer many times the last few days, and I might have even mentioned to God that Zoey was really torn up about losing the other pony and that it would really make her happy if we could just find a new pony.   I prayed that prayer to God believing that He heard my cry and that He cared and guess what today we found an almost perfect pony.  Friends, God even cares about little tiny girls and their little tiny ponies!   I won't take time now to give you all the sordid details, but suffice it to say that God's hand was all over this day and this new pony and I am beside myself with thansgiving to our God, who even has time for three year olds and ponies.   Thank you God!    Psalm 138:1-3 ESV reads like this.  :  I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise'; I bow down toward your holy temple abd give thanks to your name   for  your steadfst love andyour faithfulness.  for you have exalted above all things your name and your word."

No comments:

Post a Comment