Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 21, 2016

My husband and I are in Colorado right now riding horses and camping in the Rocky Mountains.   I love the mountians.   I love the clean, crisp mornings, and I love the warm sunny afternoons.    I love the evenings when the sun sets light up the sky and highlights the majesty of the mountians.   I love the wildlife and the scent of the pines.     God was doing some of  His best work when he created the mountains!   Sitting quietly at our campsight made me think about the mountains that are written about in scripture.  Micah 4:2 reads, "Many nations will come and say, "come let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob.  He will teach us His ways so that we may walk in his paths."  The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."  Early in this chapter we read that this is referring to the "last days" and then goes on to describe the perfect kingdom we will one day share with God.   These mountains refer to Mount Zion when we will find peace and God's love all the time.   As wonderful as these Rocky's are to me I can only imagine how awesome the mountain spoken of in Micah will be!   I can't wait to share that campsight with our Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment