Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016

Back home again in Indiana!  We had a wonderful visit in the mountains, but it is always so good to come home again.   The two little gals that house sit for us left everything in great shape:  horses were happy, flowers were beautiful, house was in order.   It was fabulous to be home!  I feel like I am back where I belong.   This is the same feeling I have when I have stepped away from time spent in building my realtionship with God.   You know the way that life sneaks in and robs you from your time in the word.   Or you find yourself on that busy tread mill of life and can't squeeze in intentional prayer time with the Lord.  Suddenly you are too busy to volunteer at church events or take your ill nieghbor a dinner.   But then, something changes, usually God gets a hold of you, and then you "come home".  You remember that happy feeling that you always get when you are right where you belong and doing right what you should be doing.       Whenever we are working at improving our relationship with God, we are where we should be and all will seem right with the world.   God created us to have relatiosnhip with Him.    That should be our single most significant job and when we are doing it well, we bask in the comfort of "being home".  I John 3:1  reads "how great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!"   Thnank you, Father, for bringing me home!        

No comments:

Post a Comment