Friday, January 8, 2016

January 8, 2016

Psalm 7:1 “Oh Lord my God, in You I put my trust; save me from all those who persecute me; and deliver me,” (NKJV)


David was asking God to deliver him from his enemies in this Psalm, and many times I find myself asking God for the same favor. Have you, like me, ever found yourself in a situation at work or at play where you were verbally assaulted because of your faith? I sure have and it is not comfortable! Granted, I have never been physically threatened, as have too many others, but still felt vulnerable and uncomfortable when confronted by a non-believer. I often don’t think real fast on my feet, so I heard myself saying all kinds of great defenses well after the fact. That is when I realized that David was so smart to ask God for that deliverance and that I too should be seeking God’s action in my times of distress. When I began to trust that God would fill my mouth with the words that He wanted me to say in these situations, I became much more assertive and verbal about defending my faith in my Lord and Savior. Interestingly, the verbal haggling became less and less as I trusted God to handle the situation. I am not sure if I ever made a difference with my actions, but I do know that God was represented in a much more powerful way when I allowed Him to take the lead. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment