Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 7, 2016

James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” (ESV)


For me, January is when I like to reflect on the last year. It is a good time for me to remember those times when things went well and ponder what went wrong when things didn’t. It is a time when I smile as I thank God for another year of blessing. I thank Him for the great things and the difficult things, for I know God was in the middle of it all. The most important piece of this reflection, however, is to stop and ask God to fill me with His wisdom as another year begins. When we seek God’s truth, He will make sure that we are overflowing with wisdom. We find that wisdom in God’s word. God will provide for us the understanding when we commit to reading and learning. We all need to be in the Word every day. Let’s all make reading the Bible our biggest priority for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment