Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 23, 2016


Psalm 16:11  You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy;  At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

You know when we ask the wrong questions, we get the wrong answers.  Let me give you an example.   I ask someone to tell me about Chicago.  He tells me it is a large city.  It is a windy city.  It is on a big body of water.  Okay.  That following summer I get in my car and drive south out of Indianapolis and eventually get south of Fort Lauderdale and run into a very large city, on a big body of water and because it is hurricane season - very wind.  Voila!  Chicago!!!!   Wrong.
What happened.... I asked the wrong question. I should have asked where is Chicago or how do I get to Chicago.

I found the same kind of thinking occurs in other aspects of life.  For years I have, and have heard others wonder - what is joy.  And consequently many of us have looked in all the wrong places.  I discover in the above Scripture we should be asking - "Where is joy?"   Then we will cease to look in the wrong places and look to the Lord.

I am convinced that is the only place we can truly find authentic joy.  Give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment