Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 19, 2016

Colossians 3:1-2 "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."  (ESV)

When I read these words I am once again reminded about where we are to keep our focus.  It is so easy to get wrapped up in our earthly existence.  I find myself wanting more things.  I think I need more clothes or a new car or another bracelet.  I spend time fussing about something mean someone said to me or sometimes I am the one saying mean things.  I pick up a mindless novel to fill my spare time or tune in to a poorly written sitcom on television.  All things that are taking my focus away from Christ.   Rather I should be making an effort to pick up the Bible more often.   I should listen to Christian  music and read Christian fiction.  I should be filling my mind with Godly influences instead of the carnal ones from our culture.  I should, I should, I should.  Hmm.  Easy to say.  I think it is time to do what I say I should do, starting right now.  Care to join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment