Thursday, January 14, 2016

January 14, 2016


Jude 1:18-19 “They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.” (NIV)


Jude is giving us a big warning my friends. He is telling us that there are people in our midst that do not believe that Jesus is our Lord and Savior. They will live life on the edge, using the favorite old slogan, “eat, drink, and be merry”. Rather than living the Word of God, these folks do what they please and often try to get us to go along with them. We must carefully guard against following their ways. I know how easy it is for me to behave in ways that are not pleasing to God when I am in certain situations. For example, if I am with a group that is gossiping a bit about someone else, I can easily slip into the role of gossip if I am not very careful! It is imperative for me to be in the Word daily to remind me how to be in line with God’s expectations of me. This Scripture tells that that “in the last times” we will meet these people in our daily walk. Guess what? That times is now! Often we think that the end times are far off and we have time to get things together. However, some scholars say that the end times began when Jesus left this earth and will end when He returns. Hmmm. That would be now. Let’s open our eyes and protect ourselves from those scoffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment