Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12, 2016

2 Peter 3:13-14 “But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.” (NIV)

We are told in this Scripture and many others that God will create a new home for us; a place where we will live in fellowship with Him for eternity. To this end, we must live every day as if that day is the one during which Jesus Christ will return. We should have our eyes turned to that new earth and be striving to be ready for that joyous day. I know that I fall short every day, but I am working hard to do so less and less. I pray that God will direct my steps and my words so that my daily living might be pleasing to Him. I so want to be ready for that glorious day! I so want to be found spotless and blameless!

No comments:

Post a Comment