Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 24, 2016

Luke 5:10  and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon.  And Jesus said to Simon,  "Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men."


As I was reading this today I was on a mission.  I recently visited with some teenagers who all had one thing in common.  They all had lost hope in there different situations.  I know the Word tells us our hope is found in Jesus Christ, so I am trying to find the message of hope in everything Jesus says.  In the above passage it was not hard to find it.  I think anytime we are told to not be afraid, there must be a reason, or someone knows something we don't know.  In either case - it ushers in hope.  In this case Jesus seems to be saying - I know I am asking you to give up your livelihood to follow Me, but I have something better in store for you.  We get the idea when we stop to determine whether men are more important than fish.  I think most of us would agree that the answer is: they are.  God had something of greater importance for Simon Peter to do.  That, in itself, speaks of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment