Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2016

Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD, "though your sins are like scarlet they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Winters in Indiana seem to always include snow.  That is one of the many good things about being a Hoosier, but some winters have so much snow that I finally get tired of it.  I tend to want to blame the weathermen with every nasty forecast they deliver.  God's timing is always perfect, whether it seems so or not, but this morning was exceptional.  In my devotions I was directed to Isaiah chapter one.

As I was reading the above Scripture my husband popped his head into my reading room and announced another major storm on its way.  What a paradigm shift!  No longer did snow bring to mind horrible images and freezing temperatures..... instead I got warm and toasty inside.  (I think I borrowed that from the Grinch.)  Nevertheless, my mind immediately went to the amazing love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Whenever I reason with the Lord, as He mentions in the above Scripture, I think of all the times I have done laundry and tried to get blood or a red stain out of some article of clothing with very little success, and it reminds me how thoroughly God can cleanse us, and with His blood no less.  His ways are not our ways.  Just another paradox found in God's economy.  Amazing love and amazing blood!


No comments:

Post a Comment