Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26, 2016

Psalm 19  (last verse) - Whoever does these things will never stumble. (Common English Bible)

This Psalm was my devotion this morning, and I was so surprised to see the final verse after yesterday's writing about how we stumble.
What I like about this Psalm is that it gives me a "to do" list of how to avoid stumbling.
1.  Lives free of blame.
2.  Does what is right.
3.  Speaks the truth sincerely.
4.  Does no damage with their talk.
5.  Does no harm to a friend.
6.  Doesn't insult a neighbor.
7.  Despise those who act wickedly.
8.  Honor those who honor the Lord.
9.  Keep your promise. (even when it hurts)
10.  Don't loan for interest.
11.  Don't accept a bribe.
When thinking about all of this, I can see where many of my times of stumbling have had to do with these very issues.

I love "to do" lists.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment