Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

Jude 24  Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy...

Besides this being a great doxology, this verse is so very practical and promising.  I don't know about you, but I find myself stumbling through life a great deal.  In those times I generally feel like I don't have a clue where I am going or what I am doing.  I feel like there is no hope for me, since I do this far too often.   BUT God is not only able to keep me from stumbling, He is willing and ready to.
The good news doesn't stop there though.  He doesn't just set us on solid footing, but presents us faultless before His glory.  We can only be presented faultless if we have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. God took care of that by providing His Son as the propitiation for our sins.  We can't do anything on our own.  The sooner we realize we need to rely on Jesus, the sooner we will lessen our stumbling.  And let's not forget the final words of this section of Scripture....with exceeding joy.
There is no greater joy than to believe and understand we are not on this journey through life on our own.  We have One who walks with us, picking us up when we stumble.  Don't decide to go it alone.

He is waiting for you to take His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment