Friday, July 8, 2016

July 8, 2016

Romans 2:1  "Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges.   For in passing judgement on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things."  (ESV)  Paul wrote this letter primarily to point out the sins of the people at that time.   I find, however, that those of us who call ourselves Christians today fall into many of the same sinful patterns.  This particular passage from Romans hits us with a double whammy because Paul tells us that  we should not play judge but especially we should not pass judgement on others when we do the very same sin.  Does this sound familiar?   As I was reading this passage today I was totally convicted as I tend to be very hard on others but sometimes miss recognizing that same sin in my own actions.    I have been praying daily that God will soften my heart toward others  but also open my eyes to my own shortcomings.   Guess what?   Today He gave me this scripture to claim as my own.    God is so good!          

No comments:

Post a Comment