Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016

I have been running in fast mode for the last several weeks.   Many things have been taking up much of my time and attention recently. Because I am a teacher I am not working full time outside of the home right now but my days seem to be fuller than when I am working during the school year.   Maybe some of you can recognize yourself in my busyness.  It seems that I am trying to fill up every moment with something, but I am not sure that I am doing much of it very well.   And at what price is my full calendar costing me?   Not long ago I discussed that if something is important to us we will schedule time for it.    I believe I was referring to prayer at the time.   Well, guess what.  One of the things that suffers when I am so crazy busy is my prayer time with my Lord.    Another thing I must admit is that I am behind on my daily Bible study.  Urgh!    The one thing that should be my uppermost priority in my day is my relationship with my Father.   Why is it that this is what most often suffers when I get a full calendar?  Sometimes I think  it is because God patiently waits for me to come to Him.   Others in my life demand my time or my attention and you know what they say, "the squeeky wheel gets the grease."  Friend, God wants our attention all the time, and I have found that when things are busy, that is one time that I need Him most.   Busyness takes my focus away from God and points only to me and what I need.     That is very much a condition of vanity when my agenda is more important than God's.    So much so that He does not get any of my time and attention.   Ecclesiates 2:22-23 admonishes us in our neglect of God because of busyness.  "What has a man from all the toil and striving of heart with which he toils beneath the sun?  For all his days are full of sorrow and his work is a vexation.  Even in the heart his mind does not rest.  This also is a vanity."  Keeping in mind that God calls us to find rest in Him, lets try to eliminate some busyness from our days so we can replace that with God.   Thank you God for the reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment