Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5, 2016

What a fabulous life we live in.    I live in a great community with wonderful neighbors.   I have the best kids and grandkids that anyone could ask for, and a nearly perfect husband.   I am a part of an effective and growing church family.  I have wonderful sisters and extended family.    God has blessed me abundantly!      That is not to say that we do not have any hardships or grumblings.    In fact, by some standards, we might even be considered a bit dysfunctional.   We fuss with each other from time to time.   We have had health issues and financial issues.   We have had death and dispair.   But through it all, by the grace of God, we just keep moving on.  How?   Well, frankly, some days we do much better than others, but in the end, we have only God to thank for where we are and who we are.     God has opened a door for all of us to communicate and have relationship with them.    He created this really neat thing called PRAYER.   Prayer is the way that God wants us to reach out to Him.   He wants us to give Him our troubles and our pain and trust that He can and will carry us through the turmoil.    Prayer is the way that we can show God our praise and thanksgiving.    Prayer is the single thread that holds me all together and helps me maintain order in my life.    Yep, I live in a pretty fabulous life but it is all because of Jesus!   Philippians 4:6 reads, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"   Today is a perfect day to start a new prayer life and give it all to God.    Try it and see what happens!  .      

No comments:

Post a Comment