Friday, July 15, 2016

July 15, 2016

I have been on a dead run this week.   I have had lots of obligations and little time for myself or my God.  I have gotten up early and gone to bed late to try to get everything accomplished and still I find that I do not have everything marked off my list.   Have you ever been there?  This evening, I was reminded that God wants me to lean on Him so that He can provide rest to me, and to you too!  It was beginning to get dark when I finally settled down and opened my Bible.   It fell open to Matthew 11:18-30.  "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."    Almost immediately I felt myself relax and felt the peace of Jesus take away all my anxiety and rush.  No, my list is still not all completed.    Yes, I still have people counting on me to do things tomorrow.   But, through scritpture and the mighty message of God, I have come to realize that I need to give my burden to God to help me work through.    Thank you Father for showing me a better way to get through my day!    



     

No comments:

Post a Comment