Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12, 2016

I just sat down at my desk to post and as I was looking over the stacks of books and binders I have near my work space it suddenly ocurred to me that everything points to the same direction.   You see, I currently am teaching a Sunday school class about listening to God.  I also have been preparing to facilitate book club at church for July regarding a book about praying and have been doing a personal Bible study moving me to not just listen but to act as well.  Hmm.    Interesting how all three different disciplines are so closely linked.   I am pretty sure I will not hear God if I am not in a prayerful relationship with Him and I certainly won't know that proper way to move forward in a manner that is pleasing to Him if I am not listening!    Right now I bet that God is just chuckling at me!   He's probably thinking, "oh sweetness you are so slow in coming to realization!  I love you and I want all of you!"   Remember what Paul wrote to the followers at Philippi?  Philippians 4:6-7:  "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything in prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Pray and listen and act.   Pretty simple!      

No comments:

Post a Comment