Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 31, 2016

Sometimes in our journey through this life we find ourselves in a place where we feel that God is not listening or at least not answering.   We cry out to Him in our distress but do not seem to get a response.   Been there?   Well, we are in really good company because even King David feared a quiet God.   In Psalm 143 David pleads for a response from God.  "Answer me quickly, O Lord!  My spirit fails!  Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit.  Let me hear you in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust.  Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."    (143:7-8 ESV)   When we find ourselves in that pit, we would do well to remember David's words and take them as our own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment