Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July 20, 2016

John 12:42-43  "Nethertheless, many even of the authorities believed in Him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God."  (ESV)  When I first read this scripture I felt so bad for the folks that did not acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God. Initially I thought that these folks should be pitied because they clearly did not get it!  What good is beleiving in our Savior if we only hide it in our hearts?    Then suddenly I had a completely different thought cross my mind.    I was blindsided with the realization that I am not so much unlike these people in my own personal walk with Jesus.   Yes, of course I believe in Jesus!  But then, I hang my head as I think about so many times that I was in a situation where it was not "politically correct" to confess that Jesus saved me from certain death so I did not!  Sweet Jesus help me to thirst for the glory that comes from You!        

No comments:

Post a Comment