Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 24, 2016

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him".  (Psalms 62:5)   The Lord gave me another scripture about waiting today.   I guess maybe this is a lesson that is important and He knows I have not mastered it yet!   Isn't it funny how that happens so often?    God just knows what I am lacking and He speaks directly to my heart.  This verse says to wait only for God and to wait expectantly.   I love that!   We are told to expect that God will give us direction and lead us down the path.   When I move ahead without God I am really only cheating Him.    I am saying that I do not think He is big enough or strong enough to take care of my needs.   Ouch!    I am telling God that I can do things on my own.   Oh goodness!    When I put it that way it reminds me of our three year old grand daughter who always thinks she can move ahead without a hand from an adult but often that ends in bruises and tears.   Just like me when I fail to wait upon the Lord.  I am bruised and tearful when I fail to wait.   I am bruised and tearful when my expectations are for earthly things rather than God in heaven.    Lord, thank you for your Word and your message!      

No comments:

Post a Comment