Thursday, March 3, 2016

March 3, 2016

Exodus 33:19  And he said, "I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name 'The LORD' And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy."

As I sit here today thinking about the loss of a couple of teenage boys in an automobile accident, I can't help but think back to my teen years.  I don't know why the boys had an accident, but I know it was by the grace of God that I didn't kill myself or someone else when I was a teenage driver. Have you thought of how gracious God has been to you lately?  Have you thought about how many times you have acted foolishly and by God's grace something bad didn't happen?

If that doesn't bring you to your knees, I don't know what will.  Just the thought of how often God has protected me is overwhelming; not to mention all the times I didn't even realize it.  This time of year as we get closer to Easter and I ponder what Jesus did on the cross for me, I find I am ashamed of how seldom I pour out my heart of thanksgiving.


Give thanks and give thanks often.

No comments:

Post a Comment