Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March 29, 2016

Luke 19:37-40  As he was drawing near - already on the way down the Mount of Olives - the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had, saying, "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!  Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"  And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples."  He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."

Agreeing on worship and praise music must be an age-old problem.  As I read this I couldn't help but think of the people in church today who argue about the music.  I don't know if these disciples were singing too reverently for some contemporary worshipers, or if they were singing too modern of music for some more reserved people.  I almost wish the rocks would have cried about - that would have been one, great Rock Concert.  I am sure there would have been plenty to argue about then.


I think we need to see that worship is a heart condition and we should be able to worship regardless of the music.  The Lord is definitely worthy of all kinds of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment