Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1, 2016

II Timothy 2:11  The saying is trustworthy, for If we have died with Him, we will also live with him.

I like this verse a great deal.  For one thing - it is one of several verses in which begin with the idea that it is a trustworthy saying.  Before you go on, stop to think just what that means.  It means it is worth putting our trust in.  There are fewer and fewer things in which we can trust nowadays.  Plus, I don't give my trust lightly.

So what is it that we can put our trust in?   The fact that we have eternal life!  But wait, there is a condition.  We must have died with Him (Christ).  Just what does that look like?  That is the crux of the matter.

Have you surrendered your heart to the Lord, Jesus Christ, by believing that He is the Son of God and took your sins upon Himself as He hung on the cross?  You know in the garden of Gethsemane when Jesus asked if there was any way the "cup" could pass before Him, and He would not have to partake, He was talking about the cup of God's wrath.  He didn't deserve it, but He was willing to drink of God's wrath in order that we might be saved and spend eternity with Him.  When I consider the wrath of God, and know I deserve it, I am so thankful that Jesus was willing to do that for me.  It makes me want to share in His suffering, and to live not only with Him, but for Him.


Take time today to really consider if you have sincerely died with Him.  Ask God to show you what that looks like.  Then thank Him for the life He offers you.

No comments:

Post a Comment