Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 13, 2016


Malachi 3:10  Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.  And therby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open up the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

As I was studying this passage this morning it occurred to me that the Lord says there will be no more need as a result of our full tithe.  I know people say there is nothing about tithing in the New Testament, but I don't think that negates the need for tithing.

It seems to me that if we were to all giving appropriately at our churches, there would be no need for our governmental programs of aid.  I know this would mean that we would have to have a lot more Christians to wipe out all the need.  Doesn't that just give us one more reason why it is so important to evangelize?  It is not all about getting people to heaven, but could result in a much better world on this side of heaven as well.


Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment