Saturday, March 12, 2016

March 12, 2016


II Corinthians 12:9  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

I was talking to a young man today who is going through a divorce, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I don't know if I am going to make it, I am so weak."  I shared with him -  that is a great place to start.

So many of us think we are all powerful and we can pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and carry on (leaving God out of the equation completely).  The reality is that we have to recognize our weakness and lean on the One, whose grace is enough to get me through anything.  There is where the power is.  We won't find it in ourselves, but only in God.


As my heart is breaking for this young man, I feel really good about his perspective.  I think he is ahead of many of us when it comes to facing trials.  I covet your prayers for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment