Friday, September 30, 2016

September 30, 2016

The last several days I have allowed myself to be in, and stay in, a very uncomfortable place.   It is a place where I have not even invited my God to join me.   I have been grumpy and emotional and have kind of  just rested there.   Yikes!   Did I just admit that?   It is not pretty for me to sit in this place and wallow in grouch.   I even struggled a bit to pray.   Yikes again!   What kind of a Christian gal admits to that?    Well, friend.   I bet that you have been where I was too at some point.  I found it difficult to pray because I was kind of ashamed of myself and felt that I needed to get my act together before I could approach God and ask for His help.   Wow....was that dumb!   After some study this week I have begun to see things more clearly and have come to realize that God is like our sweet daddy.    He desires for us to come to Him when we are needy.   I see myself climbing onto His lap as He wraps His arms around me and asks me to tell Him what troubles me.  Our Father in heaven loves us deeply and wants us to come to Him in trust and expectation when we are in that grumpy, emotional mess.  Psalm 103:13 reminds us that "As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him."    I have crawled out of my frump, and given all to my Abba and I know that He has forgiven me for avoiding Him earlier this week.    Thank you God for loving us unconditionally.  Thank you for reminding me that you desire for us to turn to you and rely on your strength and love.    

No comments:

Post a Comment