Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12,2016

Our family is such a wonderful gift from God.   My husband and I have two great daughters who have given us son-in-laws and wonderful grandchildren.  We are very blessed!   Today we had the opportunity to host a Sunday afternoon cookout with our girls and their families, as well as some extended family on my husband's side.  God gifted us with a perfect September day.   Sunny and blue skies with mid seventies temperatures.  Mike's 97 year old aunt was here and had the best time of anyone.   His nephew's little girl who has been very ill for over a year was able to come and even sit on the pony!   Food was good.   Company was better.   And when they all left and the dust settled a bit, I thanked God from the bottom of my heart for the blessing of this day and these people whom I love so much!  It made me stop to think about how much pride I take in my earthly family and how much more so I should lift up my Christian heritage.    You see, we are children of God; spiritual descendants of Jacob!   Wow!   That is a family name that we all should cherish and feel blessed by!   Isaiah 2:5 reads "Now descendants of Jacob.  Let us walk in the light which the Lord gives us!"  We would all do well to uphold the name of Jacob.   Let's invite him to our next get together!        

No comments:

Post a Comment