Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 7, 2016

Micah 6:8 reads "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."  This verse is rich in truth about how we ought to behave as followers of Christ but right not I am focusing on the "walk humbly with your God" piece.   I feel like I have strayed a bit in my communion with our Father and I desire to make that right with Him right now.    I have certainly been giving God my attention and my prayers but I have not WALKED with Him; at least not the way one walks with someone that they care about and want to enjoy.  Have you ever just enjoyed the company of a friend or loved one during a quiet walk?   That can be a time when you draw closer to one another; a time for real meaningful discussion, or maybe a bit of soul searching.    Friends, that is what God desires from us as we are called to "walk humbly with our God".   It is a time to admit our failures and seek forgiveness.   It is a time to ask for direction and daydream about possibilities.   It is a time to worship our King and praise Him for all.  I desire that!   I so need that!   My goal for the next week is to carve out time to humbly and deliberately walk on the presence of Father God and renew my relationship with him.   Want to come along?

No comments:

Post a Comment