Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 6, 2016

Today I spent much of my day cleaning out my flower beds getting things ready for fall.   Everything  was so beautiful all summer.   I had something blooming from early May through August but much of the flower bed is now looking tired and brown.   It is time to cut everything back and wait till spring when God will work His magic once again.   Do you ever feel like you are faded and wilted?   Do you ever need to be pruned back to wait for God's hand to bring you back to life?   I have felt that way - probably more often than I would like to admit!  But I know that our God is so much bigger than my season of "brown".     If God desires to revive the flowers every spring so that we can enjoy their beauty, how much more will He revive us so that we might praise and worship Him.   God gives us so many promises in His word.    He has an answer for everything we could possibly experience and He promises unconditional love to us.  Isaiah 40:8 reminds us that "the grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever."    Thank you, God!    

No comments:

Post a Comment