Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 17, 2016

Indulge me a moment, if you will, as I take a little stroll down memory lane.  You see, today is our eldest daughter's birthday.  Thirty six years ago today sweet baby Amanda Sue entered our world.   She was so tiny and so adorable and I was so ill prepared to be a mommy!   By the grace of God, Mandy Sue, as we affectionately call her, made it through those trial and error years and has grown into a godly women, a fabulous mother and wife, and a really great daughter and friend.   Thank you God!   He took her in his arms at a very young age and molded her into who she is today.    God graced me as well with enough wisdom and tons of patience as I muddled through my well meaning attempts at motherhood.   You see, no matter what season we are in on this earth, God has our back.   He knows what we will need and where we will stumble and He always comes through for us.    God loves Mandy even more that I do and He has, and will continue, to raise her up.   Come to think of it, God is still teaching me how to be a mommy and now a grammy as well.   He has never given up on me!   Friend He has never given up on you either!  Isn't it amazing that God continues to see us as His children?   Isn't it amazing that He graces us with His presence and His unending love even in our later years?   God is so very, very,  good!   Happy Birthday, Mandy Sue.   May God grace you with many, many more!    



No comments:

Post a Comment