Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 21, 2016

Faith is a funny thing.   Of course I have faith!  I believe in God.   I believe that Jesus is my personal Savior.   I believe that there is a heaven and a hell.   But is my faith strong enough to trust Jesus?   Am I willing to hand over every aspect of my life to the will of God?   Hmmm.....  I think I am.   I say I am.   But too often I find myself making plans and hoping that Jesus will bless them.   Sometimes I cheat our God by assuming that He does not know my business as well as I do.   Sometimes I get in His way.  Scripture tells us to have faith!  "The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" And the Lord said, "if you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, be uprooted and planted in the sea, and it would obey you."  (Luke 17:5-6)   Oh to have that kind of faith!   But it seems I am in good company as even the apostles asked for more faith.    I too pray, Lord give me faith, and lots of it!      

No comments:

Post a Comment