Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 9, 2016

Genesis 1:5b  And there was evening and there was morning - the first day.

Did you notice the order of the day as given in this Scripture?  You probably know that the Jewish people still consider the beginning of their day sunset.  It just dawned on me ( no pun intended) that they are always going through their day leaving the darkness and entering the light.
Isn't that awesome?

I think there is some merit in praying at night in the dark and asking the Lord to deliver you from the darkness into the light of a new day.  I think that is the same as saying "watch over me this night and give me yet another day."


I am going to do it this evening and if there is a new devotion on this blog tomorrow, then you will know He has answered my prayers once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment