Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February 2, 2016

Matthew 24:45  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?

I was challenged today to look at this Scripture and define what "work" was the faithful servant to be doing?  When I started reading the entire passage ( vs. 36-46) I thought I was familiar enough with it to answer that the servant needed to be ready and waiting for the Lord's return.  Upon reading it again - I see that the servant is to feed the household.  Could this apply to our pastors?  I think so.  I think it is also a challenge to us to not only get into the Word, but faithfully teach and share it with others.  You could say a mother or father could see this as a challenge to feed the family with the Word of God.  Obviously teachers in Christian education need to feed their students the Word of God.  As witnesses we need to feed others with the Word of God.

This seems like so much more than waiting and looking forward to the Lord's return.  I know I often times will pray to the Lord, telling Him how I long to hear Him say to me, "well done my good and faithful servant."  After reading this Scripture, I feel like I have a better idea of what that will take.


No comments:

Post a Comment