Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5, 2016

Habakkuk 3:18  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Take a look at how this verse is written, and you will find that something that normally doesn't call for rejoicing must have happened prior to this verse - because it begins with "yet."  If you go back and read the previous verses you will see what I mean.  In today's vernacular it would read something like this:  I lost my job, my husband left me, my kids are all on drugs, my pipes froze and flooded my house ...... you get the idea.   Then we hear:  "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation."

When you look up the word rejoice in the Hebrew, you will find it actually carries the idea - jumping up and down and spinning around.  That is really rejoicing.  If you have the salvation of the LORD - you have what it takes to rejoice even in the most dire situations. Let the love of the Lord permeate your soul, so you, too, can say, "regardless what happens to me - I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation."


No comments:

Post a Comment