Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19, 2016


John 14:13-14  Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

This can be a really tricky passage.  I have heard it taught several different ways.  I think we would be naive to think that by tacking on the name of Jesus to our prayers, we would be granted anything we asked for.

To me it means that if we are praying in the will of God, He will do what we ask of Him.  The crux of the matter is to know the will of God, which takes getting to Him intimately.  This is why I think it is a great idea to pray Scriptures back to God.


The other thing the passage from John addresses is the "why" He answers our prayers - in order to glorify the Father.  I wonder if we share our answered prayers to the same extent we do our prayer requests.  I think it would be a good idea, to let others know that He not only hears our prayers, He answers them.

No comments:

Post a Comment