Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18, 2016

Psalm 6:2  Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak; O LORD heal me, for my bones are troubled.

This happens to be one of my favorite verses.  At a time in my life when I found myself doubting things, the Lord gave me this verse.  One morning I had an appointment with my doctor and he decided I needed to do a bone scan.  I do not eat in a healthy manner and I am not good about getting enough calcium, so I dreaded getting the scan.  (Isn't it interesting how when we think if we don't know something, then it isn't so?)  Eventually I got my results and it was an ominous report.  I remember coming home and crying out to God.  I normally go to the Psalms for comfort.  My Bible opened up to Psalm 6.  I still remember how astounded I was when I read verse 2.  It immediately became a favorite prayer of mine.


I love how God speaks so intimately to us.  The thing we must remember though, is that we have to be listening to His voice in the Word or in prayer.    Hear what the Spirit is saying to the church (that would be you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment