Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

Psalm 125:1  Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.

I have read this verse many times, but for some reason today I really needed it.  I find that I am easily shaken.  A change of plans, a new endeavor, a misunderstanding, a new acquaintance, and sometimes looking in the mirror and realizing I am aging.  I should not let these things shake me, but what can I do?  I have read all kinds of self-help books.  Today it just hit me that I don't need self-help, I need God's help.

The Psalmist reminds us that those who "trust in the LORD"  are the ones who will not be shaken.  It is a matter of trust.   Are you shaken today in some circumstance?  Save yourself some time and go straight to the Lord.  Get in His Word and listen for His voice.  From Genesis through Revelation we find examples of people trusting in God and coming out victorious.


The icing on the cake is that we will have eternal life (endure forever).

No comments:

Post a Comment