Saturday, February 6, 2016

February 6, 2016

Genesis 2:2  And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.

I took the above Scripture out of the ESV translation of the Bible, but I know there are others that read very similarly.
The thing that I find so interesting is that is says on this 7th day - God finished his work.  Notice it doesn't say he had finished his work by the 7th day, this reads that on the 7th day he finished his work.

Could we entertain the idea that on the 7th day God created "the Sabbath?"  It is just an idea.  I think it is kind of cool.  It would be a great thing to research.  Any takers?


I am really wanting to learn more about how to truly honor the Sabbath.  I have been looking for commentaries on it.  I have found a couple, but that is about it.  Any ideas please post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment