Saturday, February 27, 2016

February 27, 2016

Psalm 132:4  I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, until I find a place for the LORD.

How are your daily devotions?  Do you have a daily quiet time?  I am a morning person, so a morning quiet time works great in my schedule.  Night time is an entirely different story.  For years I have tried to figure out how to have an evening time of devotions, but have been totally unsuccessful.  I have used excuses like: I am not a night person. 

There are nights that I may not sleep well, and I always think that if I would have some quiet time with the Lord before going to bed, I probably would sleep better.  I will lie there and toss and turn and even try to pray, but can't seem to concentrate.  Then I came upon this verse.


I decided it would be my vow to the Lord that I would not go to bed until He and I had some quality time together.  It has really made a difference.  I encourage everyone to have quiet time with the Lord, but especially of an evening if you want a good night's sleep.  Try it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment