Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 21,2016


Proverbs 16:33  The lot is cast into the lap; but its every decision is from the LORD.

Do you believe in luck?  I used to, but I don't anymore.  This verse is a great reason to not believe in luck.  If I understand it correctly - whether it is the roll of the dice, the flip of a coin, or a winning (or losing) lottery ticket - the decision is from the Lord.

I know some people don't like to hear this, but that is what the Word of God tells us.  I think a few other things go along with this.  I don't think there are coincidences, and superstition has no part to play in the life of the believer.


All of this can be a real comfort, because we don't have to beat ourselves up over a lot of things like "I should have picked tails."  However, I need to make something else clear -  we still have free will and can do some pretty stupid things.  I think it is a hard concept to understand that the Lord allows things, but doesn't necessarily cause them.  The best way to try to understand all of this is to get into God's Word and get to know Him intimately.  See for yourself and remember He loves you more than anyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment