Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 11, 2016

Matthew 22: 37-39  Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."

I love it when God's word goes counter to the ways of the world.  There is just something about it that makes me think that it is cool. For instance I have never seen an example of a love triangle that turned out well in this world - fiction or non-fiction.  Normally they are all about someone getting hurt in the end.

When I looked at this Scripture this morning I suddenly thought this is a healthy love triangle.  We are told to love God; we are told to love our neighbors, and finally it is understood that we love ourselves.  As I read this, as long as we get things in the right order - it is a healthy relationship.  It reminds me of the word JOY - Jesus first, Others next, Yourself last.  Another love triangle.


So I encourage you to get into this love triangle - it will result in a wonderful life, in which no one gets hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment