Thursday, February 4, 2016

February 4, 2016

Psalm 133:1  Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

This Psalm goes on to describe it like a precious ointment, and even like refreshing dew.  There is an undeniable excellency found in brotherly unity.  What a blessing it is when people of like faith come together.  There is something safe about being with other believers.  I know at a time when I was suffering from agoraphobia, being with other believers was the only time I felt safe and not in panic mode.

I bring this all up now because winters can be absolutely treacherous when it comes to snow, high winds, and bad roads.  Our small, rural church is on just enough of an incline that we have had to cancel our services too many times during the winter.

We are planning on being together tomorrow, and I am almost giddy.  I have been thinking about the times I missed the body of Christ with whom I fellowship.  I have missed the encouragement that comes with worshiping together.  I have missed my brothers and sisters in Christ, their hugs, and their smiles.

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment